Our very own Master T aka Tony Young joined a panel to discuss “The Sounds of Toronto: The Great Debate; One City, One Album”. Eric Alper, music industry veteran and host of ‘That Eric Alper’ on SiriusXM, moderated a wild and passionate debate amongst a group of music lovers arguing for the definitive Toronto record. The event was co-presented by the Toronto Public Library and Planet of Sound.
- Rob Bowman, Grammy-award winning professor of ethnomusicology and a music writer
- Alanna Stuart, CBC producer, Dancehall music maker
- Master T, Prescriptive TV, former MuchMusic VJ
- Ori Dagan, acclaimed jazz singer
- Alex Pangman, “Canada’s sweetheart of swing”
- DJ Agile
- Chanty, Muses and Stuff Podcast
If you missed the fervent debate at the Toronto Public Library last month, now’s your chance to get in on the action! The Great Debate: One City, One Record is airing all this weekend on That Eric Alper Show on SiriusXM Radio!
※ Saturday, December 22nd, 2017: 12pm, 11pm
※ Sunday, December 23rd, 2017: 8am, 2pm, 7pm
※ Monday, December 24, 2017: 6pm
Master T chose Maestro Fresh Wes’ 1989 album “Symphony in Effect,” do you agree or disagree? Listen below and Tweet us your thoughts @rxmusic + @ThatEricAlper!
Photo by Elijah Nichols.